Once devices have been packaged and tested, many customers choose to engage Micross to manage their inventories of finished products. Our ultra-clean inventory facilities meet JEDEC industry standards for temperature and humidity and are closely monitored for any change in ambient conditions. We have the capability to drop-ship product to customer to help manage inventories in the supply chain. Micross provides regular inventory reports showing accurate inventory status.
- Procurement of raw parts for a given set of products per customer forecast
- Holding and management of raw part inventory on consignment
- BOM monitoring to mitigate risk of EOL/PCN and to enable program/product lifecycle extension
- Modification/testing of parts per requirements on customer drawings
- Holding of finished goods inventory as needed
- Delivery to customer defined location in accordance with customer provided MRP or as otherwise directed by customer
- Invoicing when finished goods are shipped to customer
- Free up cash and increase ROIC
- Convenience of one PO and "one source solution"
- Reduce administrative cost associated with multiple purchase orders, shipments, supplier interfaces, order status, material handling, expedites, etc.
- Last time buys can be executed and inventoried at Micross facilities for an extended time period
- Diminished risk of non-compliant material being inadvertently assembled into the end product
- Reduced pricing for services & operational efficiencies attained by combining similar packages for production
- Parts can be kitted per material requirement planning (MRP)
SMI - How we manage:
SMI Program Manager
- Single point of contact with overall responsibility for meeting customer requirements
SMI Program Manager Critical Functions
- Procurement (dedicated resource) – works with suppliers to procure parts at most competitive cost and ensure parts are available to meet customer requirements
- Materials Planning (PM or dedicated resource depending on volume) - customer interface to understand demand and delivery requirements and coordinate internally with procurement and production planning
- Production Scheduling
- Account Management
- Supported by dedicated incoming inspection & materials management resources
- Micross provides SMI and Turnkey solutions for 30+ customers
- Currently supporting more than 650 unique parts and program projected to double by year-end, with an annual volume of ~500k units
Note: Micross can also provided individual Turnkey Solutions enabling OEMs to outsource inventory procurement of parts requiring component modification.