Complete PEMS/COTS Upscreening & Qualification
Over 30 years experience upscreening and testing nearly all types of electronic components.
When a military-grade device is made obsolete, designers must scramble to find a replacement to avoid the unwelcome prospect of redesigning the product for a different device. In many cases, there is a readily available commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) version of the same part in the same package that could fill the need—but only if the parts can be shown to meet military-grade temperature requirements.
To address this challenge, Micross STS offers upscreening services. Working to customer's specifications, we design a custom workflow using well-maintained, calibrated equipment in our laboratory. The upscreening process identifies COTS that meets customer-specific requirements to serve as replacements for the obsolete devices. The most common situations require testing the device’s mechanical, electrical and environmental properties—all core competencies of Micross STS—to ensure compliance to quality and reliability levels.
- Core competencies in mechanical, electrical and environmental testing needed for upscreening
- Wide range of quality certifications including AS9100, ISO9001, and MIL-STD-750
The usage of COTS PEMs offers many benefits to overcome the challenges of sourcing hi-reliability or custom component solutions. Micross can perform PEMs / COTS Quals on almost all component technologies including:
- FPGAs, Processors, SoC, ASICs, RF and Memory
- Analog and Mixed Signal Devices
- Digital and logic devices
- Discrete Semiconductor and passives plus many others
Ancillary Services to PEM / COTS Screening and Qualification:
- Component Modification: HSD, BGA Reballing
- Alternative paths for failing PEMs
- Bare Die and Wafer Procurement
- Plastic and Hermetic Assembly
*Micross has partnered with Hi-Rel Labs, the premier authority & industry leader in Destructive Physical Analysis (DPA) and Failure Analysis (FA) to provide customers with one complete PEM-Qual solution.
Broad spectrum ATE & Bench test capabilities for processors, memory, FPGAs, communications, high-speed digital, RF, wafer/die and all package types, comprehensive MCM testing, environmental testing
Up-screen temperatures ranging from -65C to 225°C