Micross together with Corfin offers a range of lead attachment services based on our proprietary process, developed to maintain the integrity of component-to-PCB solder joints under stress. Poor compliance, extreme vibration and thermal expansion can cause these joints to crack. We use high-compliance leads that protect the solder interface by allowing the component to flex.
- Lead Attach to Leadless Chip Carrier: Reduce solder joint stress by attaching J-shape and L-shape leads to LCCs using thermocompression bonding; Thermocompression weld for leadless chip carriers with gold plated finish
- Lead Replacement: Replace and reform gold-plated or pre-tinned leads to:
- Change the footprint of an existing device to gain real estate or extra compliance
- Recover a device where the leads have been trimmed too short
- Modify leadless packages
- Tin-Lead (5/95) solder for pre-tinned leadless chip carriers
- Lead Preparation: Forms and trims straight leads for surface mount or through-hole components per the customer’s drawing or we can propose a drawing. An RHSD Process typically follows this process to coat leads and prevent oxidization.
- Lead Trim and Form for Board Assembly: Forms and trims straight leads for surface mount or through-hole components per the customer’s drawing we can propose a drawing. An RHSD Process typically follows this process to coat leads and prevent oxidization.
- Reconditioning of Bent or Damaged Leads: Robotic process realigns leads that are bent and scans to verify results. A thorough pre-process inspection is done prior to reconditioning to determine if the lead damage is repairable.