Micross has developed a proven process for reballing Ball Grid Array (BGA) components to restore them to their original specifications or to bring them up to standards for use in hi-rel applications.
- Low-cost, quick-turn low & high-volume processing
- Single reflow reballing minimizes heat exposure
- Turnkey product purchasing
- Processing of ceramic and plastic BGAs and LGAs
- Conversion to leaded spheres for Hi-Rel Applications
- Ball pitch from 0.40mm
- Pb-free ↔ Sn/Pb balls
Low & High Volume Processes
Micross' low-volume process eliminates the need for custom tooling and preforms. Our high-volume process utilizes custom tooling for lower piece-part cost.
Our proprietary automated wave solder deball process completely removes the original solder sphere and pad finish. For an ultra-controlled, non-contact deball process, our exclusive Micross Robotic Hot Solder Dip equipment can also be used.
Basic static electrical testing is available post-process to ensure there are no internal component issues or gross/latent ESD damage. Tests include: detection of I/O diode opens/shorts and confirmation that Power and GND consumption are within limits.
Fully automated in-house EDI, inventory management system with procurement and consignment capabilities.
- ISO9001 and AS9100 registered
- ESD-safe environment compliant to JESD625B
- Temperature and humidity controls