Linear Integrated Systems, Inc. is a U.S.-based, full service manufacturer of specialty linear products founded in 1987 with headquarters in Fremont, California. The company's small-signal discrete product lines are specifically designed to service the new design and second-source requirements of customers in the audio, hybrid, medical, space, test and measurement markets. The product line includes: BIFET amplifiers, bipolar transistors, current regulating diodes, JFETs, high-speed lateral DMSO switches, low-leakage diodes, and MOSFETs.
Linear Integrated Systems supplies pin for pin replacements for more than 2,000 discrete devices currently offered or discontinued by Interfet, Intersil, Micro Power Systems, Motorola, National, Fairchild, Toshiba, and Siliconix-Vishay.
Linear Integrated Systems has more than 35 years of design and process expertise in JFET and transistor manufacturing. The company's founder, Dr. John Hall, has an established track record of leadership within various segments of the semiconductor industry, including the founding of Intersil and Micro Power Systems, development of the first 1 Volt CMOS digital watch and numerous related semiconductor patents.
Note this product is supplied in both bare die and package formats.
- Test & measurement
- Bipolar transistors
- DMOS switches
- Current regulating diodes
- Low leakage diodes
- Voltage controlled resistors
Availability between product lines may vary and in some circumstances minimum order values will apply. Please contact us for more information.
About Bare Die
Designers looking to give their products a market edge can leverage some of the natural advantages of working at the bare die level. A bare die product is simply a package-free semiconductor and allows the system designer to use the full potential of the bare die form without incurring the penalties such as degraded electrical performance or temperature limitations that can result from using the product in a standard package format. Bare die products allow more efficient use of limited space.
Bare Die Benefits
- Improved electrical efficiency - Reducing path lengths by removing extra package interconnect can reduce capacitance and lower inductance
- Reduced space volume envelope - Removing heat sinks and package surround by direct die attach to substrate gains highest power density with lowest volume area and height profile
- Ruggedization - Bare die can add reliable operating capability in harsh environments. Direct die attach and wirebond to substrate eliminates exposed weak spots in package interconnect caused by temperature excursions. Lowest contact area to substrate = lowest CTE. Direct die attach and wirebond also ruggedizes against high levels of vibration and shock
- Thermal uprating - Utilize the true maximum rated allowable junction temperatures of the die without package temperature limitation
- Add integration - Go to bare die form to create and add extra functionality into unusual footprints or space constrained systems
Note: Performances will vary depending on assembly techniques and substrate choices
- Design assistance
- Assembly assistance
- Die handling consultancy
- Hi-rel die qualification
- Hot and cold die probing
- Zener Zap trimming
- Die taping - Pocket/SurfTape
- And more...
With over 35 years experience in bare die supply, Micross Components is proud to be a product support partner for .
Working in conjunction with Micross Components, is able to offer die products with the high level of quality and reliability needed to give confidence to multi-chip module hybrid builders. Flexible product specific customized process flows can also be created on request to Micross Components.
With Micross as your trusted supplier, all product forms (wafers or singulated bare die) undergo 100% visual inspection before packing. Additionally, a Certificate of Conformance is included which guarantees your bare die meet the chosen specification and supply format ordered.