Empower Hi-Rel Custom designs and enhance Hi-Rel applications
Designers looking to give their products a market edge can leverage some of the natural advantages of working at the bare die level. A bare die product is simply a package-free semiconductor and allows the system designer to use the full potential of the bare die form without incurring the penalties such as degraded electrical performance or temperature limitations that can result from using the product in a standard package format. Bare die form products also allows more efficient use of limited space.
Bare Die Benefits
- Improve switching efficiency - Reducing path lengths by removing extra package interconnect can reduce capacitance and lower inductance
- Reduced space volume envelope - Removing heat sinks and package surround by direct die attached to substrate gains highest power density with lowest volume area and height profile
- Ruggedisation - Bare die can add reliable operating capability in harsh environments. Direct die attach and wirebond to substrate eliminates exposed weak spots in package interconnect caused by temperature excursions. Lowest contact area to substrate = lowest CTE. Direct die attach and wirebond also ruggedises against high levels of vibration and shock
- Thermal Uprating - Utilise the true maximum rated allowable junction temperatures of the die without package temperature limitation
- Add Integration - Go to bare die level to create and add extra functionality into unusual footprints or space constrained systems
Note: Performances will vary depending on assembly techniques and substrate choices
- Hybrid Circuits
- Custom Ceramic Packages
- Multiple-Chip-Modules (MCM)
- Multiple-Chip-Packages (MCP)
- System-In-Package (SIP)
- Small Signal Transistors
- Small Signal Diodes
- Small Signal Rectifiers
- Small Signal JFETS / MOSFETS
- Small Signal Thyristors
Availability between product lines may vary and in some circumstances minimum order values will apply. Please check with Micross Components.
- Design Assistance
- Assembly assistance
- Die handling consultancy
- Hi-Rel die qualification
- Hot and Cold die probing
- Zener Zap trimming
- Die Taping - Pocket / SurfTape
- And more...
All die and wafer products supplied are processed by Micross Components, Central Semiconductor product support partner, who have over 25 years experience as a bare die supplier. Working in conjunction with Micross Components, Central Semiconductor is able to supply die products with the high level of quality and reliability needed to give confidence to multi-chip module hybrid builders. Flexible product specific customised process flows can also be created on request to Micross Components. All product forms supplied undergo 100% visual inspection before packing and are accompanied by a Certificate of Conformance from us guaranteeing that the bare die you buy meet the chosen specification and supply format ordered.
Please click to view our full Bare Die Linecard.
Please click to view our full list of Wafer Services and Process Flow.
Please click to view our Shipping Methods.