Silicon Chip Capacitors
IPDiA - The 3D Silicon Solution
Micross in conjunction with IPDiA are able to give our customers a unique solution to common problems experienced by ceramic chip capacitors. IPDiA has developed a new technology which allows for greater integration of components, without compromising on performance and quality. Applications include commercial, hi-rel, space, medical (both external and implantable), industrial and automotive.
IPDiA PICS technology allows for enhanced performance in 3 main areas:
- 3D silicon capacitors
- ASPICs - Application Specific Passive Integration Components
- Integrated Passive Devices (IPD) - with or without TVS
The unique PICS technology allows for a greater integration of capacitance, allowing for a wide variety of capacitance on Silicon. Due to the nature of the product, high values can be achieved in sizes from 01005.
- Pin-for-pin replacements on standard JEDEC part numbers
- High Stability
- High Temperature
- Extreme Temperature
- Low Profile
- Wire bondable
- COB silicon capacitors
- Embedded capacitors
Attachment Method Videos
For how-to advice on manually soldering silicon die on a board with printing technology, please watch the following videos by IPDiA.
With Capacitors and RF Components
Application Specific Passive Integrated Components (ASPICS) have been developed by IPDiA to enable the customer to get the best performance with the smallest footprint possible.
This technology can save up to 80% of the PCB that are currently required by SMD components as well as increasing performance, simply by replacing standard SMD with PICS.
The IPD technology allows for a wide variety of passive components from capacitors and RF components to be integrated onto one silicon solution.
- Shorter design cycles
- Reduced overall cost and manufacturing throughput time
- Reduces size for space critical applications
- Better and more stable performance
- Protected IP key benefits
- Ease of integration and use in SIP, MCM, MEM and hybrids
With operating temperatures of -40°C to +150°C, these ASPICS and RF components are suitable for a number of applications including telecommunications and wifi.
IPD & TVS
Specifically designed for HB LEDs, IPDIA ESD protection devices offer optimum performance and size. Manufactured on both silicon and ceramic sub-mounts, these IPDs can be used as an interposer between the HB LED and the package lead frame.
- HB LED TVS diodes
- HB LED sub mounts
- Other protection devices
- Available in unidirectional and bidirectional
- Flip-chip packaging with several metallization options
- Released to:
- MIL-STD 883
- IEC 61000-4-2
- JEDEC JESD22
- Unique silicon integrated back-to-back TVS diodes allow for maximum miniaturization
- Available in multiple shipping mediums including unsawn wafer, sawn wafer on foil or ring frame, or waffle pack